Rainmaker

5th July 2006, 6.45am.

It’s the fourth day of yet another Mumbai rain deluge. It’s not as bad as last year, but then nothing can match hell, right?

I switch on CNN IBN, a news channel that has always been a responsible and mature reporter. What makes most viewers, including me, tune into it, is the credibility that Rajdeep Sardesai, the chief of the channel, brings to the table.

I see a young rookie reporter screaming into his mike “It’s pouring out here, things are very bad, people have been inconvenienced…..” He’s speaking about Chembur, where I stay.

Shaken, I peer out of the window to find futile attempts by passing clouds to create a downpour. All that they can manage currently is a drizzle.

I double check the channel to see if I’ve heard the intrepid reporter right. My ears have always been sharp.

I switch off the television and get ready to go to office.

I still watch CNN IBN….for entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Begs the Question

Plane Truths II

India's Got Talent